Here’s the latest news:
- Wednesday’s CBS show: 6.20 million viewers.
- Corey’s “BB Bribe” as part of this week’s final America’s Care Package has gone to Victor. In exchange, Victor will be required to vote out Michelle.
- BB’s spin-off fall season now has a name. Big Brother: Over The Top will begin shortly after BB18’s finale on September 21st and will have a few new “bells and whistles” to it. The biggest wrinkles being that all competitions scheduled to take place live, and that the winner will win $250,000, not $500,000.
- Michelle was evicted 3-2 when, as HOH, Nicole was needed to break a 2-2 tie. Victor and Corey voted Michelle, James and Natalie voted out Paul.
- Victor won HOH in the annual “move eggs around a chicken wire” competition.
First, some thoughts about the fall season: I’m not impressed. The reasons why I won’t be blogging about it this fall were well defined by yesterday’s roll-out: it isn’t truly Big Brother with a lower prize and more interactive opportunities. While they do throw us the bone of letting us watch comps, the increased interaction only will increase production’s interference. It will be an all new cast, but hell, that’s what the show SHOULD be doing. Thus, I think BBOTT it’s a Trojan horse.
The show continues to do well in the ratings, probably due to the showmances. But, if you watch the live feeds, each relationship has significant chinks in its armor. I don’t expect either couple to last in the outside world too long.
Michelle went out with a bang, but you all knew she would, right? It gave Nicole the chance to play “avenging angel” but couldn’t even do that well, quickly playing the victim card once more, as that’s all she seems to know. If Big Meech had waited a few years to do the show, I have no doubt she would have been a legend. Her lack of filter and blindness at times to what was going on around her made her very entertaining in the house. I also don’t think production liked her all that much, so I wouldn’t count on a return in a future season, and that was before she had to be bleeped on the way out the door.
James threw the HOH comp that Victor won, which made no sense because he’s going to need to win something outside of endurance sooner or later. Natalie then promised to used the veto on him if they’re on the block together, so their collective game is a comedy of errors.
I’ll be back with more on Sunday. Right now, I have to keep watching and make sure this lady named Hermine is totally evicted from the Gulf of Mexico.